Friday, February 20, 2015

Happy New Year!


Fridays tend to be full (a morning hike with friends, 12:35 school dismissal for the little fella, tae kwon do...), and today is even fuller than usual because I'm shuttling the man to and from the Berwick rail station (he had continuing ed to do in Edinburgh).

So I give you a picture of the fried-food fest we had last evening to celebrate the Chinese (Lunar) New Year: vegetable spring rolls, wasabi peas, egg noodles jazzed up by the Resident Chef, and some very tasty (and cute) "money bags."  'Twas good.

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. That looks too beautiful to eat! But too delicious NOT to!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you find the Chinese meals in Britain different from those in USA?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to a Chinese restaurant here yet, Toni, but all of the items I picked up at M&S were familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness me, I was unaware that M & S sold such things. I haven't been to one for years though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cheated and bought ready prepared Chinese items. Love a crispy prawn toast!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Hiya, and welcome! I know that with the proliferation of social media, it's not like the olden days of blogging, when we all spent loads of time hanging out in each other's comment boxes. And I know it's a drag to type anything more than a quick sentence on a smart phone. So THANK YOU for taking the time to say something here (and for visiting in the first place). I will always respond to you directly via email, if you supply an address.