Thursday, February 19, 2015

Wonderment

Today was a day for awe-inspiring moments. 

For instance, did you know that Romanesco broccoli is a natural approximation of a fractal? How cool is that?!



I actually had a hard time bringing myself to cut into it to prepare it for roasting. But it is both beautiful AND delicious!



Next on the amazing parade: Someone figured out how to make flowers by squishing tissue paper together. It looks so simple to do, and yet the results are so stunning! And to bring it all full circle, you can disassemble the flowers and put them in the compost when you're done admiring them. 



Finally, not to be outdone by the geranium, the rosemary decided to start blooming today. With the promise of more blooms to come! I never cease to be amazed by the beauty of plants.





I guess I'm fairly easily amused, but that's not such a bad thing…?!




5 comments:

  1. You call it being "easily amused." I call it being a sensitive appreciator. Stunning! (and you're eating a lot more healthily than I am lately...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I chose not to photograph the vegan sour cream potato chips and roasted garlic vegenaise I binged on yesterday…

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you would have made them look like little works of art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to eat those raw, they make a great salad. Rosemary flowers are edible too, I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty the flowers look, so delicate.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Hiya, and welcome! I know that with the proliferation of social media, it's not like the olden days of blogging, when we all spent loads of time hanging out in each other's comment boxes. And I know it's a drag to type anything more than a quick sentence on a smart phone. So THANK YOU for taking the time to say something here (and for visiting in the first place). I will always respond to you directly via email, if you supply an address.