Sunday, March 1, 2015

Sigh

I'm not going to lie to you. This has been a trying weekend. Remember a couple posts ago, when I was pointing out all the things I'd get done by not going on our Oregon vacation?

Things like the long-overdue crocheted baby kimono?
One of our cats decided to "mark" it just before it was finished.

The play rehearsals? 
Canceled because of the snow.

The garden seeds?
Still haven't gotten to them yet.

And I can't seem to shake this fever I've had since Wednesday.

Sigh.

So let's look at some pretty photos to cheer us up!

Winter scenes at twilight just seem especially magic.




And the glow from the twilight-lit snow turned the walls a luminescent purple!



This morning's snow wasn't so much snowflakes as it was snow globs: 





And Lynn, another of your plants is blooming! I think it senses that you're already ensconced in spring.


But what's the one thing that will cheer a person up faster than just about anything? A flicker in a hot tub!




3 comments:

  1. Wait. I had a petunia?!? Not spring here yet, by the way -- the grit trucks are out, and ice is expected. But I almost ran off the road this morning when Jeff yelled "LAMBS!" I kept my eyes on the road, but I'm eager to go out tomorrow and have a closer look. Sure hope you get well soon -- enough already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Is that Geordie on the wrong side of the door, or just Val?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was Geordie. Hence the inappropriate elimination on valuable items.

    And the plant is calibrachoa; barely alive, but still managing a bloom!

    ReplyDelete

Hiya, and welcome! I know that with the proliferation of social media, it's not like the olden days of blogging, when we all spent loads of time hanging out in each other's comment boxes. And I know it's a drag to type anything more than a quick sentence on a smart phone. So THANK YOU for taking the time to say something here (and for visiting in the first place). I will always respond to you directly via email, if you supply an address.