Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Felipe Returns

Dear Amy,

I have excelled as a (somewhat caffeinated) tour guide today, warming Mom up with a stroll around the garden followed by a walk on the path behind the houses, and then taking in the Northumberland countryside with stops in Etal (including lunch at the Lavender Tea Rooms), Ford, and Ancroft (to see the 11th century; or at least that's what the pointy sign said...in fact, it was a church built in the 11th century.  A bit disappointing when you were hoping to see the whole century, but it was some consolation to learn that the church -- St. Anne's -- was named "for Jesus' granny").  We motored to Berwick for a converter (Mom) and waterproof trousers (small boy, for a field trip tomorrow), making a detour so I could show off Cocklawburn Beach.  And on the way home, we drove past Norham Castle and visited the church and the enchanted circle of ancient yew trees.

Then we fed her some grilled-veg pizza and salad, and eventually two teens and a small fella walked her (and her clean laundry) across the green to her lovely lodgings.

What -- photos, you ask?  No, I say.  I forgot to take my camera (I know, right?!), and Mom's phone was charging here at the house.  I did manage a rather lame snap of my lunch, taken with my cheap emergency phone, but then couldn't work out how to import it to the laptop.

But just as I was sitting here about to succumb to despair about my lack of blog-post material, I glanced out the conservatory window and saw this.


Here's hoping that a blurry nervous pheasant is better than nothing at all...

Love, Lynn



1 comment:

Hiya, and welcome! I know that with the proliferation of social media, it's not like the olden days of blogging, when we all spent loads of time hanging out in each other's comment boxes. And I know it's a drag to type anything more than a quick sentence on a smart phone. So THANK YOU for taking the time to say something here (and for visiting in the first place). I will always respond to you directly via email, if you supply an address.