Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Day 5, or I Actually Removed My Coat

 

Today I had the car for just a two-hour midday stretch between the fella's gigs, so it seemed wise to minimize driving time and head back to nearby Ladykirk.  I figured that this way, I also could show you pictorially what I did yesterday.

Here's the first gate on the path...


And the first fisherman's bothy...


And then we come to a small patch of fragrant pine-y woods, where today I suddenly found myself being followed by two cars (all of the ladies smiled, and the first driver rolled down her window to tell me that they were engaging in a trip down memory lane).


I continued on past many, many sheep, a swan, some startled seagulls, the odd pair of ducks, an occasional blackbird, and several hysterical wood-pigeon couples...oh, and almost as much cow parsley as comfrey...


Until I reached a little rocky nook with a bench.  I put my feet up for a few and watched the river roll by...and then it was time to head back through the meadow of sheep (deftly dodging their droppings, except for that one instance -- sigh)...back through the mini-wood and past the bothy...

(That's the church that gives Ladykirk its name, up on yonder bluff)

And up the hill to the little car park by the bridge.


As you can see, it's a spectacular day. 

3 comments:

Hiya, and welcome! I know that with the proliferation of social media, it's not like the olden days of blogging, when we all spent loads of time hanging out in each other's comment boxes. And I know it's a drag to type anything more than a quick sentence on a smart phone. So THANK YOU for taking the time to say something here (and for visiting in the first place). I will always respond to you directly via email, if you supply an address.