Thursday, June 18, 2015

Rosy


It is chilly, grey and damp today here in the southeastern corner of Scotland -- not sodden the way it is at the moment back in Missouri, but moist enough to make it feel like a 55-degree day indoors as well as out.  My remedy?  Leftover apple cake (gluten-free; the resident junior and senior MasterChefs are meeting my needs!) and a cup of cinnamon tea.  With a slice of ginger, and a handful of rose petals that I gathered from rugosa bushes growing around a disused church.



(That's it to the right of the village.)



 Only a few rose petals -- just enough for a bit of delight and upliftment.



Because roses -- whether back in my beloved former garden or here in my temporary one; in hedgerows or supermarket parking lots -- are always my best medicine.




P.S.  Speaking of summer rain, this lovely blog post by (another) Amy at My Path with Stars Bestrewn pushed a lot of my nostalgia buttons this morning.

P.P.S.  Apparently today is International Picnic Day.  Ha!



3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're finding some lovely roses! And I think you must have paid that bird to pose so perfectly in the seaside photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a jug of my own roses right beside me, Iceberg and Whiskey Mac, the latter of which is overwhelming me with perfume. Lovely post Lynn.

    ReplyDelete

Hiya, and welcome! I know that with the proliferation of social media, it's not like the olden days of blogging, when we all spent loads of time hanging out in each other's comment boxes. And I know it's a drag to type anything more than a quick sentence on a smart phone. So THANK YOU for taking the time to say something here (and for visiting in the first place). I will always respond to you directly via email, if you supply an address.