Friday, June 5, 2015

Cloudy and Calm

 
It's a perfect spring morning.  A bit overcast, 59 degrees, and -- gasp -- no wind.

I've got the windows open, partly for fragrance and birdsong (the blackbirds and finches are going at it non-stop), and partly (full disclosure here) because I burned a couple of pancakes a while ago.  (Amy, the parcel arrived -- yay! -- and I was almost as excited about the gluten-free baking mix as I was to see my summer clothes.)

(The last of the bluebells, plus columbines)

The birds have a bit of competition from a lady with extravagant vibrato; it was nice to have some background radio music when it was merely orchestral, but I think I will switch it off now and focus on the chirps and tweets.

 (The view from that open window; the birds seem to be hiding now)

Yesterday's walk was a bit different from the previous ones.  After an occasional foot-arch twinge turned into steady pain and made me think plantar fasciitis (!), I opted for a gentle amble on soft sand instead of my usual rapid-clip trail hike.

(Ninety minutes of gentle ambling yields a lot of treasures, although no, not all of these!)

The foot thing is a good wake-up call, and I'm glad to have a set of useful stretches, as well as fresh incentive to return well and truly to my old reliable anti-inflammatory way of eating.  And yes, it's another reminder to make these walks a little less bat-out-of-hell and a bit more stop-and-smell-the-roses.

Speaking of which -- look at what I just found in my garden.  First ones of the season!


4 comments:

  1. You have a RIOT of blooming going on there! A RIOT I tells ya! That sea glass is so beautiful, too. I'm worried sick about your foot pain and hope it was brief and temporary!! And, lastly, I'm so glad your parcel finally arrived!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope your foot is ok.
    The glass with the etched pattern on it very pretty and that last photo is gorgeous. It would make a good card/notelet/postcard.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ouch. take care of the footsies x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anti-inflammatory way of eating you say - any more clues on that please? (Scoliosis sufferer)

    Gorgeous flowers and sea glass.

    I hope your foot was a minor hurt. x

    ReplyDelete

Hiya, and welcome! I know that with the proliferation of social media, it's not like the olden days of blogging, when we all spent loads of time hanging out in each other's comment boxes. And I know it's a drag to type anything more than a quick sentence on a smart phone. So THANK YOU for taking the time to say something here (and for visiting in the first place). I will always respond to you directly via email, if you supply an address.